Tuesday, January 18, 2011

i can fly, i can fly, i can fly!

#18

tonight i am celebrating 
Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie
but not just any ol' Pan, no -
i am celebrating the audio recording of Peter Pan on 
a wonderful website dedicated to recording and making available (for free!) much of the
classical literature which has fallen into the public domain. 




Jazz discovered it when we were going through a Sherlock Holmes phase, 
and also had to drive to Florida. Since then, we've listened to Dracula by Bram Stoker
and part of Peter Pan. 
And while the voices (and questionable acting skills) of some of the volunteer readers can be annoying, 
it's still an amazing discovery 
and
a wonderful replacement for movies at bedtime -
today in particular, 
because
I just don't want to grow up. 
i was kinda hoping this snow storm would last all quarter. 


6 comments:

  1. Hi Rebecca- just enjoyed a mini journey through your blog. I'm always looking for vicarious experiences of creativity since my waking hours are consumed with the perpetual activity of 2 little boys. Thanks for the delight!
    -Christy Bringhurst (sat behind you in FTTA- if you don't remember me.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course I remember you Christy! I'm so happy to hear from you and congratulations on your little boys! I got my first digital SLR a year ago, and I am slowly learning my way more around it - are you still in the business?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for introducing me to Librivox! What a HUGE collection! I'm salivating over all the choices. I don't know where to begin. Guess I should finish up listening to Huck Finn first. How do you say "long live the audio book" in french?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah! A fellow art-minded person! I still shoot when I can- often during naptime. It's my sanity. I still do occasional portrait shoots. Not so much traveling for weddings anymore. I'm just venturing into a new business selling my "art" photos. I'm hoping to do less portraits b/c I'm too shy to photograph strangers (wimp.)

    If you have a chance my blog is
    http://christy-bychristina.blogspot.com

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant! I <3 Peter Pan too. Such wonderful quotes to live by! :) Thanks for the introduction too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool! Now, run to your local library and look for the recording of Jim Dale reading Peter and the Starcatchers, by Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson. Excellent voice acting AND story!

    ReplyDelete