Friday, January 28, 2011

jazz funk

#28

Jazz-Funk at Churchill Grounds
My classmate, Osayi's, husband Darryl Reeves headlined tonight on the saxophone with a quartet and invited us to see him play. It was awesome. We used to go to this place in Austin called the Elephant Room to hear jazz, but I never enjoyed it cause a. i never knew who it was playing and b. it was WAY too loud in there. Tonight, the music was perfect and beautiful and all the guys were amazing. I think I'll come back as a musician in my next life;)






I forgot to take crowd shots so all these photos were before the place filled up. 
And it did. Cause these guys are amazing.

 

3 comments:

  1. Love those photos! Sounds like a stellar date night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm gonna have to agree... Looks like an awesome night. That place looks perfect. Happy you found a place AND knew the person playing. . . . ♪ ♫ ♩ ♬ ♭ ♮ . . . *cheers*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! It was a pretty stellar date night:)

    ReplyDelete