Sunday, January 23, 2011

when i said i wasn't going to cook anymore...i guess i lied.

#23

making tomato basil soup with my love.

today i got a little stressed-out (a very little) about what to celebrate - 
i know! it's only the first month! (and not even the end of the first month). 
But then I realized that even though i don't always have the most exciting life, 
trying to find something to celebrate everyday has really made me enjoy life more. 
it shortens that time where i consider just doing nothing and letting the day fade away. i find myself being more proactive. being kind of back on the cooking wagon, for instance.
you could say that my natural state of being is inertia.
so, this blog is making me less lazy. 
and happier. i really am happier when i do (constructive) things.
although i may have burned my wrist making the soup...





6 comments:

  1. I am slowing killing my pansies in my herb pots. I can't wait until I can plant my herbs again. I had the best sucess with BASIL last year. If I can have a repeat performance, I will have enough basil for us both!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That soup looks delicious! And are those grilled cheese sandwiches to go with?! MMM...
    I totally know what you mean about the blog helping you be productive. I'm definitely happier when I'm productive and my blog has helped me with that too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! It was even better tonight. I LOVE leftovers!!!!!!! And grilled cheese. You can never go wrong with either:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks delicious! Just found your blog, and I like your project of 365 days of blogging. I am doing something similar with photos. Will be adding our to my google reader. Cheers to you and Jason in 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found this little place that sells tomato basil bisque...so yummy. the chef told me that he came up with the recipe in a dream! Your tomato basil soup look just as delicious! And, I'm sorry that you burned your wrist.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's the TRUTH... you CANNOT go wrong with both! :) This is absolutely one of my all-time favorite comfort foods. So glad you were able to celebrate it. LOOKS DELICIOUS too :) Will have to try this recipe.

    ReplyDelete